Document For Safety FAQs
For program-specific FAQs, click on a program on the left
- Who should be registered for Document For Safety?
As of April 2012, any provider who may prescribe the following medications to the NC Medicaid and Health Choice populations should become a registered provider at Document For Safety:
- brand name drug when patient experienced an adverse reaction to the generic,
- Synagis, or
- an antipsychotic to a patient 17 years of age and younger.
- If I am affiliated with multiple organizations or practice locations within one organization, do I have to register separately for each one? No, registration occurs at the provider level. The provider’s “My Patients” tab within the applications will include all patients who currently have an authorization made by that provider regardless of the practice location where the provider usually sees that patient.
- Is this a secure system for patient information to be entered? Yes. This is a secure website for documentation of patient specific information. Additionally, the Document For Safety applications contain an automatic time out after 30 minutes of inactivity. If this occurs, there will be a notification that allows for easy re-entry/login.
- How do I register as a provider? Providers must register for secure access to any of the web-based programs available at Document For Safety. This simple process may be performed online by registering via the My Patients tab on this website.
- What confirmation will I receive upon registration? The registration process includes an automated pathway that will allow many providers to have their account information activated at the time of the initial registration request. For provider registration requests that have to be manually approved, a communication confirming the registration request will be sent within 5 business days.
- Is there a number to call for technical support? Technical support is available by calling 855-272-6576. Technical support can assist with provider registration, user name and password issues, patient not found/eligibility messages, and other concerns regarding registry functions.
- What should I do if I am unable to find my patient using the search feature? Providers who cannot locate a patient using the patient search function should call provider support at 855-272-6576 for assistance.
- Who can I contact to make a suggestion to improve the programs available through Document For Safety? We welcome your feedback regarding the registry process or ways to make the process work better for providers and patient care. Please submit your feedback electronically here.